AirStrand a new zero-footprint outdoor small cell is Airspan’s latest addition to our network densification toolkit. AirStrand allows operators greater flexibility to deliver a simple to install, cost-effective broadband solution in areas where it is needed most. AirStrand is a low powered LTE-licensed or lightly-licensed outdoor small cell that can be rapidly mounted on to existing aerial wires, cables or street appliances, eliminating any deployment restrictions caused by zoning. Connection for both power and backhaul (DOCSIS) via a single cable offers a highly efficient solution aimed at maximising the existing assets of cable operators in dense, urban or sub-urban deployments delivering increase in performance in the region of 1600%*.
AirStrand is a compact, zero-zoning, plug-and-play outdoor small cell with advanced commissioning and network configuration tools, that dramatically decrease installation time and total cost of ownership.
Other features include:
- Smart antenna with remotely / automated antenna pattern configuration for Beamshaping.
- Support for all major LTE bands.
- Alternative backhaul options LTE Relay, 5G mmWave, satellite, GPON or WiFi backhaul.
- High coverage/throughput with 4T4R channels configured as dual sector, dual carrier or 4×4 MIMO.
- Option to act as a dual-band Wi-Fi hotspot.
- 3.5 GHz Citizens Broadband Radio Service (CBRS) Spectrum Allocation Server (SAS) ready.
* Achieved speeds are up to 4 times Netflixs’ recommended 25 Mbps for Ultra HD quality. Deployment of AirStrand improves end user experience in underperforming areas of their network to allow operators to not only reduce customer churn but also support growth of new customers.